Having a High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filter in vacuum cleaners is proving to be highly beneficial for preventing asthma and allergic conditions. HEPA filtration systems have already been established as a great invention to be used in Healthcare settings and different industries to avoid dust or mite-triggered allergies, watery eyes, sneezing and runny nose.
The Functioning of HEPA filtration system
Nowadays, you will find these filters in vacuum cleaners, along with various air filtration mechanisms. The main task of these filters is to capture the both large and microscopic-sized particles and pollutants such as dust mites, pollen, mold spores, tobacco smoke and pet dander present in the air. The air is forced through a very thin mesh of randomly placed fiberglass fibers. The particles entering this medium are trapped and can no longer return to the air.
- The HEPA filtration systems helps significantly in improving IAQ (Indoor Air Quality), by preventing a release of impurities and contaminants back into an air. Users enjoy safer, cleaner and healthier air.
- The decrease the chance of flaring ups of asthma and allergies, by removing dust, mold, smoke, bacteria and pollen in the air, ensuring allergen-free atmosphere.
- The help you have peace of mind, by eliminating the allergens and pollutants in your places. In turn, you feel more secure and comfortable without having breathing problems.
Since HEPA filters are available in a broad range in the market, you should know the important features on the basis of which you can make your buying decision. This way, you increase the chances of buying an ideal HEPA filter for your vacuum cleaner.
- First, examine its test outcomes. These are written on the filter. The filter must be able to pass 99.97% prescribed standard. An ideal outcome is around 0.3 microns.
- Read MERV (Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value) Rating: This is the rated capability of HEPA filter to remove particles from air. With scale from 1 to 20, the perfect rating is the one having a higher number. It implies that filter is able to trap very fine particles and impurities from the environment.